Zen and the Art of Website Maintenance
Please refer to the following links to help get your website up and running. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call me at Eagleview.
Dreamweaver, Servers and FTP
- Setting Up for the First Time
- Synchronizing and Uploading
- Editing text in Dreamweaver
- Adding and Editing Pictures
- Adding Links in Dreamweaver
- Please feel free to make requests for other topics in the coming months.
Catastrophe Proof Website Update Checklist
- Connect to the server and Synchronize.
- If you’re unsure about the status of YOUR files, ‘GET newer files from REMOTE’.
- If you think you have something newer on YOUR computer, ‘GET and PUT newer files’.
- Approve changes if needed.
- Save the HTML file.
- Check the file in a LOCAL browser. (Right + Click on file go-to ‘Open in browser’ and click on the appropriate browser).
- PUT the local file to the REMOTE manually.
- Check the website on the internet to see if your update worked by using Shift + Refresh (🔄) on the appropriate page.